This week Wise Bread released its money saving book, “10,001 Ways to Live Large on a Small Budget.” OK, I’m one of the authors, and it’s my first book, so forgive me if I feel that this event ranks just below the inauguration of our first African-American president in the “momentous occasions of 2009″ category.
But beyond my own excitement, I wanted to share that the book includes a whole chapter’s worth of tips for saving money on travel. And since the book is made up of blog posts from WiseBread.com, I can link to all the tips here. (But you should still buy the book! Because, for one, it’s way cheaper than a Kindle but still offers you a very handy chunk of the blogosphere in a portable format. Also, it contains tons more tips than the ones listed here, ideas for everything from cheap eating and entertainment to shopping and credit card management.)
1. 14 Tips to Have a Frugal Vacation and Still Treat Yourself by Nora Dunn
2. 3 Easy Steps to Finding Great Airfare Deals by David DeFranza
3. 16 Ways to Go Light and Low-Budget by Myscha Theriault
4. 9 Great Ways to See the World for Free by David DeFranza
5. 6 Savvy Ways to Travel Around a City by Myscha Theriault
6. How to Save Money by Taking a Vacation by Linsey Knerl
7. 4 Secrets to Eating Cheaply While Traveling Abroad by Thursday Bram
Photo courtesy of Wise Bread.