On Tuesday, March 10th, after the Eye for Travel, Social Media for Travel Conference’s cocktail party concluded, a group of travel bloggers met at the Roots Restaurant in San Francisco. The meet up was sponsored by Frommer’s, Roots Restaurant and UpTake.com and was attended by 15 travel bloggers (list below). The bloggers toured the hotel, met one another and learned about what was happening in social media and travel world from the conference attendees.
Roots restaurant is located in the Orchard Garden Hotel, (the hotel is one of our picks for the top five green hotels in San Francisco.) The restaurant, decorated in subtle earth tones is located just off the hotel lobby and is a quiet respite from its busy location near Union Square/Chinatown. Centrally located, it is an elegant venue for a business luncheon, meeting or party. The service was impeccable and friendly and the food delicious.
In addition to the restaurant the hotel offers a few other uniquely beautiful meeting spaces either for business meetings or private gatherings. For business the conference room can accommodate groups of 25 or for a private party, the Rooftop Terrace should be considered, the city views are spectacular. The terrace can also be combined with two other suites for larger parties, if you wish.
The travel blog meet up was well attended by some of the top travel writers and bloggers from the bay area and from the conference. The attendees were:
- Fiona Ashley, TravelMuse
- Alison Brick, freelance writer
- Nancy Brown, WhatATrip
- Matthew Cashmore (who also gave an excellent presentation at SMS Travel), Lonely Planet
- Sharon Castellano, EverywhereTravel
- Suzanne Dowling, freelance writer
- Christen Duon, Founder, Thumble
- Kimberly Kradel, Artist at Large
- Nicole Lerne, NileGuide
- Cat Lincoln, AOL Stylist
- David Lytle, Frommers
- Elliott Ng, Co-Founder, UpTake
- Amie O’Shaughnessy, ciaobambino
- Jill Robinson, TravelMuse
- Nick Vivion, Lonely Planet
- Kara Williams (panelist at SMS Travel, Traveling Mamas
- and me, Patricia Jenkins, UpTake.com